Sunday, January 27, 2013

Insert Title Here

I should probably apologize for going off on such a tangent in my last post!
I didn't even get to what the post was about...
Decorating!

Hopefully I'll stay on track this time, and make it not nearly as long!

Where did I leave off? Oh yeah decorating my "new" (aka non existing apartment).

Well like I said I want to do Green and Lavender with black and white and mixed metals in the accessories. While I was browsing some websites, I found a few things.

This rug by Lulu & Georgia is to die for! Recently I have been all about some Greek Key and this ebony and ivory REVERSIBLE rug is perfect for my apartment.
I have been seeing Lulu & Georgia all over the place lately, but it's not hard to understand why


Another thing that I must have in my apartment is either malachite boxes or a pair of lamps!
Now that the color of the year is Emerald, I feel like we will be seeing malachite everywhere. Even more than we do now.
It kind of makes me excited because I've loved malachite boxes for years, but at the same time its like when you find out about something and nobody cares, then all of the sudden it becomes popular and nobody remembers that you loved it even when it was just a loser that no one wanted to acknowledge?
Oh well, four for you malachite, you go malachite.
sorry had to do it
Here's a few lamps that I'm obsessed with:

Both via google images.

Also, I have these 2 turquoiseish tealish lamps from my last apartment that I am thinking about doing a DIY experiment on them. If they turn out all good and malachite-y, I will definitely post the final results  on here. If you would like to do your own malachite DIY, check out The Aestate's tutorial here!

Speaking of DIY, I have also come into the possession of a less than cute (but rather large) canvas. My cousin is moving and has given me this picture that she had in her house, the problem is it is BRIGHT lime green and while thats cool and stuff, its not my thing. I'm thinking of doing it all black and white or something but ill definitely post that too.
Here's some inspo for that


I am obsessed with this dresser and I have been forever. It the Hayworth at Pier One. Now considering that I am decorating my dream apartment, I guess I could say that my bed, vanity, and 2 dressers could fit in the bed room. But that's unlikely. Since I am hoping this dresser is one of my graduation presents, I have no problem using this big thing in the living room to sit my tv on stuff, thats probably what I will have to do if I'm being realistic. I'v done this before but with roommates so it was kind of odd having to walk outside of your room to get clothes.
Check out this gorgeous thing. 

These were just a few things I've been thinking about lately, I'm sure I'll come up with some more very soon.

I'd love to hear what y'all think!

xo
Suz



No comments:

Post a Comment