Have you ever read Mackenzie Horan's blog Design Darling? If you haven't, it is an absolute must read. Click here to read it.
If you have seen it before, you may know that she has this list that she keeps called the 101 in 1001. It's like New Year's resolutions mixed with a bucket list with a time limit of 1001 days. I mentioned it on my New Year's post, but I have finally made my list and am posting it!!
I promise I'll try my hardest to keep you posted anytime I mark something off!
You're at the edge of your seat already, I know.
Heres the list:
3. Have a summer of living like a gypsy (not really but just float around for a month or so)
4. Move to Charlotte.
5. Live in an apartment alone.
6. Decide what I want to do and if it requires grad school and go if it does.
7. Apply to grad school in Charlotte if I do design or NYC if I do planning.
8. Find a job that I really love.
9. Another trip to NYC
10. Get tea at the plaza (don’t get coke this time)
11. Picnic in Central Park
12. Become fluent in French
13. Visit Paris...
14. And Monte Carlo...
15. And London...
16. And Rome.
17. Visit at least 5 new cities
18. Go to Mardi Gras
19. Tour the White House
20. Host a fabulous Dinner Party
21. Weigh 145lbs
22. Get the Pier One Hayworth Dresser and Bed
23. Invest in my first BIG designer shoes
24. Invest in a Chanel Quilted bag (or a Birkin would be great. K, thanks).
25. Visit 3 new states
26. Drink 8 glasses of water everyday for a month
27. Work out 2-3 times a week for 3 months
28. Give money to Kappa Delta every year even if its just a little
29. Eat at Speakeasy in Athens.
30. Take Momma and Daddy to outings of their own choices on my dime.
31. Read 15 new books.
32. Go camping.
33. Attend a horse race (Double points for Kentucky Derby)
34. Work up to running 3 miles at one time.
35. Watch 10 Classic Films.
36. Donate 20 things and do not replace.
37. Take Stephie to a concert of her choice (but maybe Fun.)
38. Go on a Road Trip
39. Go see 5 plays
40. Perfect knife throwing (crossing my fingers)
41. Really learn to play tennis and keep it up
42. Pay off at least 1/2 of student debt
43. Go to an estate auction
44. Design my own/signiture stationary (the whole set)
45. 5 Random acts of kindness
46. Invest in a great original painting or photo.
47. Go to the Ballet
48. Invest in AT LEAST 5 great coffee table books.
49. Have apartment featured in a local magizine or pro blog.
50. Improve my posture.
51. Start my own business?
52. Try 5 new foods.
53. Buy myself flowers every week for a month, just because.
54. Join DAR
55. Join local KD alumni association
56. Fall in love.
57. Go on a planned vacation with momma daddy and steph
58. Go on a big girls trip. (With Am, Mili, Caitlin, etc?)
59. Go to Vegas
60. Throw a wine tasting party.
61. Buy 5 new cookbooks and cook more.
62. Get momma to teach me all her recipes.
63. Read 3 classic novels (Example: GWTW, GG, ?)
64. Find a mentor.
65. Take a flower arranging class
66. Volunteer at least once a month.
67. Sign up for Big Brother/Big SIster
68. Grow my compact collection to 20 quality peices.
69. Watch/rewatch 5 Audrey Hepburn (ex. BaT, Sabrina, Roman Holiday, Funny Face, How to steal a million)
70. Watch 5 Marilyn Monroe movies
71. Go to 3 new art galleries
72. Make 10 new friends.
73. Wear cute enough outfits and take and post pics of them everyday for a month.
74. Be able to do a perfect S with throwing knives
75. Enter a knife throwing competition
76. Paint 5 new canvases
77. Recover couch or chair
78. Have fresh flowers in my living room everyday for at least 3 months
79. Send 15 hand written notes
80. Send 10 birthday cards to friends
81. Cook 50 new recipes
82. Improve posture
83. Make and sell invention
84. Get a KitchenAid mixer
85. Send Christmas Cards!
86. Go to 5 concerts
87. Get better at blogging
88. Get a good camera and take more pictures cause I barely have any
89. Lear calligraphy
90. See 5 Broadway shows
91. Eat macaroons (In Paris maybe?)
92. Pay for the person behind me at Chickfila.
93. Buy a bar cart
94. Go to Boston.
95. Learn to mix 5 drinks and taste good
96. Go to Ga/Fl - make it to tailgate AND game
97. Donate to UGA
98. Buy new Mac Book Pro
99. Get at least 2 massages a year
100. Buy a new good car
101. Open savings account and Save $5 for every goal I check off!